Sensel and sonicLAB have collaborated to bring you a deeply integrated hardware/software partnership between the most expressive MIDI/MPE controller ever made, and a wonderful sound synthesis software combining the different roots of electronic music. And now, we are offering both together at a discounted price!
Save $26USD/€20! Fundamental retails for $82USD/€69, but with our exclusive partnership we're able to offer it to you for only $56USD/€49 when purchased with the Morph + Buchla Thunder Overlay.
sonicLAB Fundamental is a a collaboration of Sinan Bökesoy and Hainbach, and begins with a faithful recreation of a test equipment vacuum tube oscillator, an important electronic sound source for Karlheinz Stockhausen at the WDR studio in the 1950’s.
It then transforms into a unique, modern instrument, with animated modulation sources and maps; the essential timbre of the sine wave becomes a sonic seed for new sound.
Add the Sensel Morph and Buchla Thunder Overlay for hands-on, gestural control using MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE). Designed by Don Buchla in the 1980’s, this innovative layout is the perfect gateway to soundscapes fueled by the imagination.
Bundle comes with:
- Sensel Morph
- Buchla Thunder Overlay
- License to sonicLAB's Fundamental sound synthesis software (VST3, AU and standalone). $82USD/€69 value
- License to Arturia's Analog Lab Lite synthesizer software
- License to Bitwig's Studio 8-Track music-creation software
- Micro-USB Cable
Some of the features of Fundamental:
- Unique polymorphing wavetable synthesis without any compromise in data content and precision.
- 4 dynamic wavetables being rendered for each voice to represent infinitesimal steps of frequency and gain combinations between 1HZ – 3800Hz of the original vacuum tube oscillator.
- 8 simultaneous voices each with custom freq, gain, boost, panning and modulation settings.
- Custom or harmonic frequency distribution of voices with variable spread ratio and tuning table.
- 4 independent stochastic modulations for each voice (32 in total) addressing all parameters with various continuous, discrete distributions and also standard waveforms.
- Full MPE support with various configuration possibilities.
- Independent Attack / Release envelopes for each voice with various modes, AR times can be set to degrees of randomness.
- Vintage oscillator or pure sine wave mode.
- Here is the Fundamental manual with all the details.
Morph + Fundamental tutorials, performances and other videos:
Morph + Buchla Thunder Overlay tutorials, performances and other videos:
The Sensel Morph uses Sensel’s patented PressureGrid™ technology: a high-resolution, multi-touch, pressure sensing touch technology with a sensitivity range of 5g to 5kg and a tracking accuracy of ~0.1mm.
- Compatibility: Windows, OS X, iOS, Android, Linux, Arduino (see final product image for more details on compatibility)
- Dimensions: 240 mm x 169.5 mm
- Active Area: 230 mm x 130 mm
- Thickness: 6.75 mm
- Weight: 0.4 kg
- Latency: 2 ms - 8 ms (mode dependent)
- Resolution: 6,502 DPI
- Connectivity: USB, Bluetooth LE, and Serial
- Power: USB, Rechargeable Battery
- MIDI: USB Class-compliant, MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE), Bluetooth MIDI
Want more info? Check out our comprehensive guide for more specs, setups, and API documentation.
The Morph is compatible with any music software that listens to MIDI controls. Our user guide includes instructions for:
- Ableton Live
- Apple GarageBand
- Apple Logic
- Bitwig Studio
- Cycling '74 Max
- Image-Line FL Studio
- Presonus Studio One 2
- Propellerhead Reason
We've also tested these iOS Apps:
Steinberg Cubase, Avid ProTools, MOTU Digital Performer, Cakewalk SONAR, Cockos Reaper, Renoise, Traktion, etc. will also listen to The Morph, along with any music software that listens to MIDI controls.
We provide free shipping to 128 countries on all orders over $75.
For orders to the EU, we ship from our warehouse in Rotterdam, so you don't need to worry about duties or customs.
For more details about our shipping options to each region, visit here.
US: Sales tax charged in CA, NC, SC, PA
Canada and EU: Sales tax/VAT are added at checkout
Rest of world (including non-EU European countries): No taxes/VAT charged at checkout. Taxes and and import duties are the responsibility of the customer. Often times you won't be charged import duties, but it depends on your local government, so we can't gaurantee that.
Tax Exemptions: If you're ordering for a public university, business, or other tax exempt institution, please email us at email@example.com before placing your order. Include the email address that you'll place the order with, as well as your VAT number if you're in the EU. We'll then make that email address tax exempt and taxes will automatically be removed from your order at checkout .
For more details about taxes/VAT visit here.
Payment can be made in USD, EUR, GBP, CAD, AUD, JPY, DKK, HKD, NZD, or SGD by choosing the currency flag in the navigation bar. Please note, all prices except USD include a 1.5% currency conversion fee, and are then rounded.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with your purchase. If you're not, you have 30 calendar days to return any item from the date you receive it, with no restocking fees. Please note, we do not accept returns on software purchases. For more details, view out return policy here.
All Sensel products come with two years of hardware repair/replacement coverage. Visit here for details.
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us through the help widget in the lower right corner, or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.